- These terms and conditions and the Booking Form together make up an agreement (the Agreement) between the Contractor named on the Booking Form (“you”) and The Queensland Academy Pty Ltd.
- Participants enrolled in a course must arrive 15 minutes prior to the course commencement for sign in and to fill in applicable course paperwork. Courses will commence promptly at the nominated start time and participants arriving later than this may not be allowed entry if the course has commenced.
- Proof of identity may be required for participants, by means of photo identification presented to The Queensland Academy representative before commencement of the course.
- In line with our Access and Equity practices, learners with special needs are offered the same opportunities as any other candidate. Our training and assessment programs will take special needs into consideration from the planning stage and adopt particular flexible learning and assessment methods as appropriate.
- Demonstration of competency for each learning outcome of the course will be by way of assessment conducted and determined by The Queensland Academy or its representatives in their absolute discretion. The Queensland Academy will not be liable to you or any participants for the outcome of any assessment.
- If an attendee fails to be passed as competent during the course, no refund will be given and that attendee will have to attend another course (at your cost).
- It is expected that you will attend and participate in all sessions related to your training course or work – based learning.
- Complaints and Appeals can be made in accordance with our Complaints and Appeals Policy.
- Additional information pertaining to Access and Equity, Special Needs, Language, Literacy and Numeracy , legislative obligations etc, can be accessed with our Student Information.
Payments, Fees, Cancellation and Refunds
- All courses must be paid for either by yourself or your employer (unless pre-approved) prior to the commencement of a course, otherwise you will not be able to participate (or where negotiated to participate in the course, you may not receive a certificate or statement of attainment, if payment is not made)
- The Queensland Academy agrees to refund, within 30 days without deduction, all fees where the learner’s application for enrollment is refused by The Queensland Academy.
- The Queensland Academy agrees to refund, within 30 days, all fees paid, less an administration charge, whereby reason or reasons beyond the learner’s control, including acts of god, acts of Government authorities, civil strike and riots, the learner is prevented from attending the program.
- Courses with low enrolment numbers may be rescheduled or cancelled at the absolute discretion of The Queensland Academy. The Queensland Academy is not liable to you for such cancellations or rescheduling except to refund course fees already paid for by you.
- The Queensland Academy reserves the right to cancel or change the course date and will notify the participant. The participant may either be rescheduled or refunded in full and
- The Queensland Academy agrees to refund, within 14 days, without deduction, all fees where The Queensland Academy cancels the course or where the commencement of the course is postponed for more than four weeks
- 100% course cost will apply for those participants that do not turn up for a course that they have enrolled within. A minimum of 5 days written notification prior to the commencement of the course date is required for cancellation of course. If a participant fails to attend the training scheduled without prior notice of cancellation, The Queensland Academy will charge an administration fee of $145 to the Employer/Participant.
- If account terms are approved by The Queensland Academy, then you must pay the price stated in any tax invoice provided to you by the date noted in that tax invoice to the address specified in that tax invoice.
- GST will be charged to all relevant goods and services and will be payable by you at the time of payment for any goods and services, in addition to any amounts charged by The Queensland Academy.
- When a student is undertaking an RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) all evidence must be submitted to the Queensland Academy within 12 months to gain the RPL or the Queensland Academy has the right to retain the tuition fee for the time spent up until that point.
Confidentiality and Privacy
- The collection of such information by The Queensland Academy is strictly for the purposes of conducting training and the storage of that training information in the The Queensland Academy’s Student Database and is protected under the Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment Act 2002 and in accordance with Data Provisions Requirements and Standards for National VET Regulator RTO’s.
- Your training file cannot be accessed by a third party unless you give written permission that identifies those sections of the file to be made available, unless you are a trainee and your personal information, attendance details and progress and results may be disclosed to your employer.
- Should a participant wish to access their own personal records they can do so by providing proof of identity.
Workplace Health and Safety
The Queensland Academy is committed to providing an environment that maintains the health and safety of its employees, learners, clients and visitors. This commitment is expressed in its Workplace Health and Safety Policy. Employees, learners, clients and visitors, must report any unsafe conditions or incidents that come to their attention immediately to a The Queensland Academy employee or representative. The reporting of incidents and identification of hazards is critical in achieving a safe workplace as it prompts action to prevent any future incidents and injuries.
Feedback, Grievances and Appeals
- The Queensland Academy regularly undertake evaluations of all courses and qualifications to achieve continuous improvement therefore all feedback from participants is welcomed.
- The Queensland Academy is dedicated to maintaining a supportive and fair environment thereby allowing clients or learners to make formal complaints or appeal assessment decisions. All complaints and appeals will be responded to and addressed in a fair and equitable manner.
- All complaints and appeals are resolved using a formal process and all learners or clients will have their concerns heard and dealt with, without repercussions to the quality of services provided to them.
Limitation of Liability
- To the extent permitted by law and unless otherwise expressly agreed, The Queensland Academy does not provide and expressly excludes all warranties in respect of any goods or services provided
- You acknowledge and agree that to the extent permitted by law, The Queensland Academy will not be liable for, and you release The Queensland Academy in respect of, any claim, loss, cost, damage or expense (Claim) arising out of any act or omission of The Queensland Academy or its employees, officers or agents unless that Claim is a direct result of the negligence or breach of the Agreement by The Queensland Academy.
- The parties agree that any liability for a Claim against The Queensland Academy will be limited to the lesser of;
- the re-supply of the goods or services in question (if applicable);
- the cost of the re-supply of the goods or services in question (if applicable); or
- the contract price of the original supply of the goods or services
4. Notwithstanding any of the above, the parties agree that The Queensland Academy will under no
circumstances be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss (including but not limited to loss of revenue or opportunity).