Terms & Conditions
- These terms and conditions and the Booking Form together make up an agreement (the Agreement) between the Client named on the Booking Form (“you”) and The Queensland Academy Pty Ltd.
- Contact must be made with The Queensland Academy within 30 days of the booking and / or payment being made to arrange a suitable day and time for the participant to undertake the course. All work license courses must be completed within 60 days of booking in and making payment or the participant will forfeit their course fee.
- Participants enrolled in a course must arrive 15 minutes prior to the course commencement for sign in and to fill in applicable course paperwork. Courses will commence promptly at the nominated start time and participants arriving later than this may not be allowed entry if the course has commenced and will forfeit their course fee.
- Proof of identity Will be required for participants, by means of photo identification presented to The Queensland Academy representative before commencement of the course. You will need to show 100 points of ID. Please check the link below first thats shows what makes 100 points of ID.
- In line with our Access and Equity practices, learners with special needs are offered the same opportunities as any other candidate. Our training and assessment programs will take special needs into consideration from the planning stage and adopt particular flexible learning and assessment methods as appropriate. Additional information pertaining to Access and Equity, Special Needs, Language, Literacy and Numeracy , legislative obligations etc, can be accessed with our Student Information.
- If an attendee fails to be passed as competent during the course, no refund will be given and that attendee will have to attend another course (at your cost and at nominated times).
- It is expected that you will attend and participate in all sessions related to your training course or work – based learning.
- Complaints and Appeals can be made in accordance with our Complaints and Appeals Policy.
Payments, Fees, Cancellation and Refunds
- All courses must be paid for (unless pre-approved) prior to the commencement of a course, otherwise you will not be able to participate (or where negotiated to participate in the course, you may not receive a certificate or statement of attainment, if payment is not made)
- The Queensland Academy agrees to refund, within 30 days less an administration charge, whereby reason or reasons beyond the learner’s control, including acts of god, acts of Government authorities, civil strike and riots, the learner is prevented from attending the program.
- The Queensland Academy will give all students wishing to gain an “RPL” (Recognition of Prior Learning) a maximum of 12 months to submit their evidence of experience and competency. Any evidence submitted after this time frame will not be accepted. The Queensland Academy holds the rights to refuse a student their qualification if all evidence has not been submitted within the 12 month period.
- Courses with low enrolment numbers may be rescheduled or cancelled at the absolute discretion of The Queensland Academy. The Queensland Academy is not liable to you for such cancellations or rescheduling except to refund course fees already paid for by you on the above terms.
- The Queensland Academy reserves the right to cancel or change the course date and will notify the participant. The participant may either be rescheduled or refunded in full and
- The Queensland Academy agrees to refund, within 30 days, without deduction, all fees where The Queensland Academy cancels the course or where the commencement of the course is postponed for more than four weeks. For courses over the value of $5000, The Queensland Academy will issue a refund to the student within 90 days of receiving formal written confirmation.
- The Queensland Academy reserves the right to deduct the full course fee for short courses (Under 4 weeks) or a percentage of the course fees for long courses (4 weeks or more) when the course or an internship commences and the student decides to withdraw.
- 100% course cost will apply for those participants that do not turn up for a course that they have enrolled within. A minimum of 5 days written notification prior to the commencement of the course date is required for cancellation of course. If a participant fails to attend the training scheduled without prior notice of cancellation, The Queensland Academy reserves the right to retain the full course fee of the Employer/Participant who will have to pay another fee to re-book the course.
- If account terms are approved by The Queensland Academy, then you must pay the price stated in any tax invoice provided to you by the date noted in that tax invoice to the address specified in that tax invoice.
- GST will be charged to all relevant goods and services and will be payable by you at the time of payment for any goods and services, in addition to any amounts charged by The Queensland Academy for all non accredited training.
- For all onsite forklift license courses, there is a minimum cost for up to 5 people then a charge for each person but no minimum number of participants required and a maximum of 8 people. No credits are issued unless formally stated in writing. All credits have to be used within 12 months
- When a student is undertaking an RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) EXCEPT ALL HIGH RISK WORK LICENSING, all evidence must be submitted to the Queensland Academy within 12 months to gain the RPL or the Queensland Academy has the right to retain the tuition fee for the time spent up until that point.
- All course fees contain a non refundable admin fee of $150
Confidentiality and Privacy
- The collection of such information by The Queensland Academy is strictly for the purposes of conducting training and the storage of that training information in the The Queensland Academy’s Student Database and is protected under the Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment Act 2002 and in accordance with Data Provisions Requirements and Standards for National VET Regulator RTO’s.
- Your training file cannot be accessed by a third party unless you give written permission that identifies those sections of the file to be made available, unless you are a trainee and your personal information, attendance details and progress and results may be disclosed to your employer.
- Should a participant wish to access their own personal records they can do so by providing proof of identity.
Workplace Health and Safety
The Queensland Academy is committed to providing an environment that maintains the health and safety of its employees, learners, clients and visitors. This commitment is expressed in its Workplace Health and Safety Policy. Employees, learners, clients and visitors, must report any unsafe conditions or incidents that come to their attention immediately to a The Queensland Academy employee or representative. The reporting of incidents and identification of hazards is critical in achieving a safe workplace as it prompts action to prevent any future incidents and injuries.
Feedback, Grievances and Appeals
- The Queensland Academy regularly undertake evaluations of all courses and qualifications to achieve continuous improvement therefore all feedback from participants is welcomed.
- The Queensland Academy is dedicated to maintaining a supportive and fair environment thereby allowing clients or learners to make formal complaints or appeal assessment decisions. All complaints and appeals will be responded to and addressed in a fair and equitable manner.
- All complaints and appeals are resolved using a formal process and all learners or clients will have their concerns heard and dealt with, without repercussions to the quality of services provided to them.
Limitation of Liability
- To the extent permitted by law and unless otherwise expressly agreed, The Queensland Academy does not provide and expressly excludes all warranties in respect of any goods or services provided
- You acknowledge and agree that to the extent permitted by law, The Queensland Academy will not be liable for, and you release The Queensland Academy in respect of, any claim, loss, cost, damage or expense (Claim) arising out of any act or omission of The Queensland Academy or its employees, officers or agents unless that Claim is a direct result of the negligence or breach of the Agreement by The Queensland Academy.
- The parties agree that any liability for a Claim against The Queensland Academy will be limited to the lesser of;
- the re-supply of the goods or services in question (if applicable);
- the cost of the re-supply of the goods or services in question (if applicable); or
- the contract price of the original supply of the goods or services
4. Notwithstanding any of the above, the parties agree that The Queensland Academy will under no
circumstances be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss (including but not limited to loss of revenue or opportunity).
71, Level 36 Riparian Plaza, Eagle St, Brisbane City QLD 4000
5/659 Boundary rd Darra Queensland 4076