EWP License Under & Over 11m
Training & Licensing at Your Site or Ours!
Duration:1 Day Course
One-day Elevating Work Platform under 11m (EWP) course (boom length under 11 metres). This one day course covers the skills and knowledge required to safely operate a boom-type elevating work platform where the length of the boom is 11m or under and can also include the award of a Yellow Card if required.
Upon successful completion of this course students will receive Statement of Attainment RIIHAN301D (Current) to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length below 11 metres).
Successful completion of the course can also include the award of a Yellow Card if required.
The mode of delivery for this course is face to face in a classroom environment as well as significant practical elements outside of the classroom.
What will I learn from the Elevating Work Platform under 11m (EWP) course?
When you undertake our one-day Elevating Work Platform under 11m (EWP) training course will cover:
- Plan work
- Conduct routine checks
- Set up elevating work platform
- Operating elevating work platform
- Shut down and secure elevating work platform
Elevating Work Platform under 11m: Assessment requirements
During the one-day course, students will be required to demonstrate their ability to:
- Applying appropriate mathematical procedures to estimate loads
- Applying best operating practice
- Applying emergency procedures and safety equipment, including the use of safety harnesses, energy absorbers, lanyard and anchor points
- Applying hazard prevention/control measures
- Applying relevant plant movements
- Applying risk assessment and hazard control strategies, including hierarchy of control as applied to positioning and safely operating an elevating work platform
- Assessing ground conditions to confirm site is suitable (e.g. firm, level and safe) to extend and travel the elevating work platform
- Communicating with other workplace personnel
- Complying with WHS/OHS licensing legislation
- Identifying problems and equipment faults and where practicable demonstrating appropriate response procedures
- Operating and controlling a boom type elevating work platform including all functions to their maximum extension within the safe working (rated) capacity
- Positioning, stabilising, set up of elevating work platforms, including the use of outriggers/stabilisers and packing to ensure that the safest lift is performed
- Receiving and interpreting workplace instructions, safety information, emergency procedures
- Recording and maintaining accurate information relating to operating elevating work platform
- Shutting down a boom type elevating work platform in accordance with manufacturer specifications and workplace procedures
- Stabilising a boom type elevating work platform
- Using and interpreting manufacturer specifications and data
- Using communications signals
- Using outriggers/stabilisers and packing to ensure safest lift is performed
- Verifying problems and equipment faults and applying appropriate response procedures to unplanned and/or unsafe situations