Diploma of Sport Development
Why Study The BCA National Diploma of Sports Development?
Want a career in the sports industry?
Need a good qualification to get you into university?
Want to develop athletes for a living?
Study at a Queensland Academy of Sports Development facility and get certified by an Elite Training Organisation!
WE DESIGN THIS QUALIFICATION TO SUIT YOUR LIFESTYLE
BRISBANE, GOLD COAST & SUNSHINE COAST CAMPUS OR STUDY ONLINE WITH A SATURDAY FACE TO FACE WEEKEND WORKSHOP EVERY 6 WEEKS TO COMPLETE THE PRACTICAL!
SIS50612 DIPLOMA OF SPORTS DEVELOPMENT
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual intending to pursue a career in sport development. This qualification is ideal for athletes who want the skills and knowledge to personally learn how they can get themselves in the best condition and ready for competition or for people who want a rewarding career in the Sports Industry!
Occupational outcomes for this qualification can vary from managing competitions, sports venues and facilities, talent scouting, teaching, sports coaching and developing athletes. Work at this level would be undertaken with a high degree of autonomy.
Work may be undertaken in locations such as Sports Clubs and Community Development Programs.
- Sports Coach
- Athlete Development
- Competition Manager
- Program Developer
- Talent Scout
- Sport Development Manager
The delivery for the SIS50612 Diploma of Sport Development is 1 year Full Time or 1 – 2 years Part Time or 12 months online with Saturday face to face weekend practical workshop that we arrange for you!
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of endorsement.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
- 11 core units
- 9 elective units, which may be selected from the electives in this qualification or from units which are first packaged at AQF level 4, or 5 within SIS10; up to 4 elective units may be selected from any current accredited course or other Training Package, and must be units which are first packaged at AQF level 5.
In all cases selection of electives must be guided by the job outcome sought, local industry requirements and the characteristics of this qualification (as per the AQF descriptors).
DELIVERY & ASSESSMENT ARRANGEMENTS
Training & Assessment is Delivered & Assessed by BCA National Training Group Onsite at a Queensland Academy of Sports Development Campus.
You are able to use a combination of pathways such as self-paced, classroom/ workshop tutorial and on or off the job to complete the qualification.
Competency based assessment is used during all assessment activities. Competency is achieved through demonstrating your knowledge and practical application of skills.
The organization recognises Australian Qualification framework qualifications and statements of attainment which are issued by any other Registered Training Organisation.
- Completed units of competency from a relevant National Training Package.
- Approved units of competency from a National Training Product.
- Successful RPL application
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL is a process where a candidate may be granted credit or partial credit towards a qualification in recognition of skills and knowledge gained through work experience and/or formal training. For additional information relating to RPL for this course, please contact Our office.
This course has been developed under the Australian Quality Framework (AQF) and is a nationally recognised course.
This qualification facilitates the development of the following knowledge and skills at a national level:
- Observing players’ performances to determine the level of instruction required
- Teaching techniques for players to acquire additional skills or improve existing skills
- Supervising practice sessions
- Planning, conducting, evaluating and modifying individualised long term, high performance training programs
- Implementing sports first aid procedures and applying sports first aid
- Supervising the physical development of players
- Aiding in the psychological preparation of players for training and competition
- Applying the principles of eating for peak performance
- Organising and liaising with sports science support staff
- Planning and directing game strategy, sometimes in consultation with club officials
- Analysing the progress of games or competitions and giving signals and instructions to players
- Carrying out after competition analysis and evaluation of strategy and performance
- Undertaking related administrative tasks such as booking venues, organising tours, budgeting and arranging entry into competitions
- Recruiting players and other support staff
- Supervising sporting events
- Controlling the entry and participation of competitors in sporting events
- Determining violations of rules and regulations and determining penalties for those breaches
- Deciding on results and, recording and announcing of results
- Evaluating, analysing and modifying the conduct and outcomes of officiating to improve performance
- Managing conflict related to officiating
- Planning, implementing and evaluating a fitness and recovery program for officials, which incorporates eating for peak performance
- Being involved in the administration of competitions and players
- Being responsible for equipment required for competitions.
GET REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE IN THE SPORTS INDUSTRY!
Integrating work readiness training with practical industry experience, BCA National have designed an Internship Program which features:
- Career coaching and mentoring support prior to, during and after your internship
- Resume writing, cover letter assistance and mock interviews
- Access to Online Career Preparation
- Personalised Training Plan
- 8-12 week full-time or part-time industry internship
- Statement of Attainment for the nationally accredited unit BSBWOR404 Develop work priorities
At completion of the BCA National Internship Program, you’ll be presented with a certificate of completion and statement of attainment for the nationally accredited unit BSBWOR404 Develop Work Priorities.
BCA National understands the importance in bridging the gap between study and employment. We recognise the significance of Work Integrated Learning experiences and the development of Career-Readiness skills. Building these skills and gaining invaluable work experience will provide you with strong employability outcomes, setting you apart from your peers.
We understand the job market is competitive, and that employers want you to come equipped with experience. There is truth in the old saying “you can’t get a job without experience, but you can’t get experience without a job”! As such, we have developed a robust internship program which ensures that 100% of all BCA National students have the ability to undertake a Vocational Program – whether a compulsory work placement as part of their study, or as an optional add-on career-enhancement activity.
BrisbaneUpper Mt Gravatt
127 Creek st Brisbane City Queensland 4000
5/659 Boundary rd Darra Queensland 4076
44 Dominions Rd, Ashmore 4214
90 Klumpp rd, Upper Mt Gravatt, 4122